This is going to be one of those Mommy posts that Asher may someday hate me for, but I consider it fair because of the thousands of diapers I've had to change.
Today was the first day ever that Asher used the potty all day with no accidents! He has been in big boy pants for a whole week. I am so proud of him! He doesn't even need treats or stickers anymore. Occasionally, I still have to bribe him with a You Tube video of a garbage truck. If you're interested, here is the link to his favorite one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB9ePIbRYg8&NR=1
Does anyone have good suggestions for taking your newly potty trained kid to the bathroom in a public restroom while also dragging a 14 month old along? Madeleine is impossible in public restrooms! Her favorite thing to do as soon as I put her down is to peer under the surrounding stalls to see if she can meet some new friends. This is not a preferred way to meet new people. Asher still needs help so it's really hard to hold her the whole time. It doesn't help matters that Asher feels he must be completely nude in order to use the potty, which means I have to simultaneously get him dressed again and hold Madeleine. I have to break him of some bad habits, but so far I am just to thrilled when he uses the potty.
Sorry my life is so lame that my child's bathroom habits are exciting news. My brother Zach and his wife Katie have their twin toddlers in Spain for the summer. They keep getting robbed so their lives are a bit more interesting.
10 comments:
Way to go on the potty training thing. We are close but not their yet.
Well.... I usually tried to get the handicapped stall just to have a little more room, cuz Brynns was the same age when Kaden started training. Then I would stand on the one side blocking the other stall from my peeping girl. Good luck.
I don't have kids yet, but I can totally imagine how exciting that must be! And might I say that it cracks me up so much that Asher is bribed with YouTube videos about the garbage truck. I love it. I even watched it, too.
Asher insists on standing up because that's what daddy does and Daddy is his "best friend" so he wants to do everything just the same, and the handicapped toilet is too tall. That would work at church though because they have a step stool.
I have absolutely no advice for you, but I am extremely interested in any tips you discover since I will probably be experiencing similar situations very soon. Good luck, and keep us updated on the progress!
Death Threats, that is all I can think of, tell them to stand against the wall with their hands on their heads until you are done helping him out. Wait....that didn't work for me either, oh well, guess I have no good advice. Good luck.
Your amazing. How impressive to hold your little one and still help get Asher dressed. Sounds like things are going pretty well. I love the way Madeline (I know this is wrong sorry) like to meet new friends. Sorry I am no help.
Woohoo! I can't wait for those days! And, I am dreading those days. And thanks for the shout out! I'll try to live up to your praise. :)
If you can strap Maddie into a shopping cart or stroller and then use the handicapped stall, and have Asher stand with his feet on yours Or hold him up until he's tall enough, that WILL work. (I have done it) Even if the sign says: "No merchandise in the restroom," ignore it.
Bring the cart full of groceries right into the restroom! You always had a little bit of a rebellious streak, right? ;-)
PS I love the new background!
Post a Comment