Sunday, September 21, 2008

Princess Madeleine and the Ghost Busters

I served my mission in Sweden, where they still have a reigning monarch, King Karl XVI Gustaf. He is married to Queen Silvia and they have three kids: Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip, and Princess Madeleine. She is where we got the idea for the name, and now I have my own little Princess Madeleine. The original Princess Madeleine is a beauty, but I think my Princess Madeleine will give her more than a run for her money. The funny thing about the picture of Maddie, is that Vanessa got her dressed for church and thought she was so cute so she took a picture. But before we could get her to church she got ahold of a bar of deoderant, took a bite, and threw up all over her shirt. Maybe next week.

Yesterday I was cleaning the office and found some promotional pens from Peter Grossnickle's drug sales repping. I discovered that they had a pen on one end, and a little light on the other and I knew that the kids would love them. So tonight I busted them out and let the kids go Ghost Busters in Asher's bedroom. Here is some of the video.
This was a fun pic of the kids. The extended exposure makes the lights look like Ghost Busters beams, and makes the kids look like they are getting hit by those same beams.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Those pictures with the flashlights are awesome! She ate deodorant? Is she okay? Besides the throwing up part, that is.

Also, both Princess Madeleine's are very pretty, but I personally prefer the smaller one. She's just too cute.

Bill and Aftin said...

Hi Vanessa! I just saw your blog through Staci's. It was so fun to see you and your family. I have a blog, its private though. So if you want to email me your email address I can send you an invitation to it. Mine is aftinaaron@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you!

Janna G said...

Those flashlights are a lot of fun. my kids love to hide in the toy closet with them. I love the pictures!

tharker said...

Hey Vanessa,

Here's a link to my favorite bread recipe...the one you and Amy and I were talking about yesterday. It really does take just over an hour, and it is really yummy. You can do it with white flour, whole wheat, or half wheat, half white. It is the easiest bread I have ever made, and by far my favorite. Have fun!

http://tharker.blogspot.com/2008/04/happy-bread-making.html