Friday, September 4, 2009

Welcome Baby Lydia Judith Smith

Vanessa is out of commission at the hospital and so the baby announcement falls to me. Last night, September 3, at 7:51 Vanessa gave birth to Lydia Judith Smith. She weighed 7 pounds 8.5 ounces (our biggest yet) and was 20.5 inches long.
As you can see, Lydia didn't immediately take to her new existence, but she soon settled down.

She has a big, round head (I think they said 36 cm) and has a hard time fitting in the new born hats we bought her. Luckily Grandma Ashby made her some adorable hats that do fit her.

Today I brought the kids by and they just loved her. Madeleine kept saying "She's so cute," and Asher kept saying "Now I don't have to miss her any more." They were really sweet.
Mom and baby are both doing great.

18 comments:

Shayla said...

She's just beautiful! Congrats you guys!

under construction said...

what a cutie! you two have the most adorable kids! congrats!

Hydi said...

Great job... again! I love the name, too. Congratulations to the whole family!

andrea said...

Ok, the picture of her all in pink with that adorable hat... that's ALMOST enough to make me baby hungry. SO CUTE!!! Congratulations, glad everyone is doing well! Did you end up being induced?

Janna G said...

I am so happy that she is here! She is beautiful. I can't wait to hold her.

Brenda said...

Wow!! She is so precious. I might just have to have your mom pass the pattern for that hat on to my mom, (if mine is a girl that is) I am SO glad you are out of your misery and on to loving that sweet little girl. Hooray!!

Ben and Alissa said...

Beautiful! Congrats!! The second picture of her, I think she looks just like Asher and Madeleine! I hope you all are doing well! I can't wait to hold her! Thanks for posting so quickly!

Kacey said...

yay! congrats guys :)

klutzy k said...

SO sweet! I am so happy for you guys! I just love Asher and Madeleine's comments. That's awesome. Congrats!!

Andre said...

Yay! I'm so glad everything turned out great for you! She is adorable!

Kevin and Eliza said...

What a beauty! I'm so glad all is well with daughter and mom. What cute pictures. The hat that was hand made was super cute. I love the name Lydia!

Rachel said...

She is adorable! I LOVE the pics with all the kids. So so cute!

Nicole said...

Congrats! 3 down, 5 to go, right? ;-)

Congratulations! You have a beautiful baby!

Amy said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet and adorable. I can't wait to hold her again!

Kristi said...

YOUR CHILDREN ARE SOOOO CUTE!!! Lydia is beautiful. I love the hat her grandma made for her. Congratulations! I'm excited for each of you.

River Hopkins said...

very adorable. She's very beautiful. I'm sad I can't be there to day hello.

Riggs Familia said...

Oh man! She is the cutest thing! It must be the name...:) I hope recovery and adjusting goes well!
Vanessa- do you have a nursing cover?

Katie said...

So cute! Hurray for adorable nieces! And well done you!