Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Best Friends

Asher is such a good big brother. He doesn't know how to read yet, but it's amazing how often he remembers what the pages of his favorite books say word for word. He likes to tell me that Maddie is his "best friend" Then again best friend isn't an exclusive term to Asher. Just about everyone he knows has been described as his best friend at some point.



Madeleine loves her cow as much as Asher loves Dumbo. Asher has started making up stories about Dumbo. He told me that Dumbo walked away from him today. Dumbo also routinely drives a garbage truck. My favorite question from Asher is, "Mama, where is Dumbo's family?" Notice the cow's threadbare tail, it's Madeleine's favorite part to chew on.

Asher has been really sweet to me lately. He will be staring at me and say "Mama, you're a beautiful princess." He also tells me how yummy his dinner is. He even gushes with appreciation when I remember to wash his favorite blue plate. I think he gets his good behavior from watching my wonderful and kind husband. I hope Asher grows up to be just like him. So far, so good!

6 comments:

Shayla said...

I love when my kids call each other their best friends. It makes it all worth it. Your kids are the cutest, Vanessa. I love seeing pictures of their sweet little smiles.

Brenda said...

Cute pictures. I love when they pretend to read books, what a GREAT habbit to get them in.

Riggs Familia said...

I'm glad you're back in the blogging world. It seemed you took a nice break for a few days....I know pathetic, but I love hearing the Asher stories. What a funny kid! That is an adorable picture of Maddie...what a beautiful smile for a beautiful girl!

andrea said...

Aw, what a sweet, feel-good post! I love it! You have such sweet kids, Asher needs to come over and teach Addie some manners. :-) Loved the pictures.

Andre said...

You are such a sweet mom.

River said...

Love those jammies. Bren has the same ones. I love it when kids call their siblings their best friends. Bren is beginning to really spend all is time to make sure Kaleigh is happy. He's always asking her if she needs anything, or wants something or just brings it to her anyway... then she always responds the same way... "NO". Her new favorite word.