When I was a school-aged kid, being sick was always a welcome vacation. I loved Sleeping in, watching TV, and having my mom bring me ice cream to help with my sore throat. My-oh-my, has life changed since then. I have been sick for the last few days and it is startlingly different from how it used to be.
No one cares that I am sick. Paul still has to go to work; he can't just stay home and bring me ice cream. I still have to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and change stinky diapers. All I want to do is lay on the couch and watch mindless day time TV. Unfortunately, I have to keep Word World, Super Why, and Thomas the Train on because I am too tired to respond to a mutiny.
It hasn't been that easy for Paul either, but he has been wonderful. He brought home orange juice on his way home from work. I haven't been sleeping well at night, which means that he hasn't been getting much sleep either. Apparently, I kept yelling things out in my sleep last night. He said that at one point I grabbed his arm and asked him if he had to go PooPoo in the potty. Nice.
Luckily this time I am the only one in my family who is sick. The only thing worse than being a sick mom, is being a sick mom with sick kids.
7 comments:
I'm sure that totally freaked Paul out. I hope you are on the mend.
So did he have to go? j/k. I care that you are sick! I hope you feel better soon!
Moms should be immune from getting sick. I hope you feel better soon and not get it again this year!
I have been sick the last couple of days and with sick kids to boot! I loved the part about having to watch the kids shows...that is what I did too! Although my kids are old enough that when they were complaining about the dinner I made for them I said "NEXT time you feel sick I am going to make YOU make dinner and see how YOU like it." They were quiet and ate politely. Ahhhh guilt trips.
What's the matter? Do you need help?
Oh! I'm sorry you are sick! I know exactly what you mean, though. Getting sick was almost fun when you were a kid. But now it's just darn annoying. Feel better sooner!!
Talk about guilt trip. I have been sick today, but guess what? When I was up in the middle of the night throwing up Barlow just called in a sub and he has been home today taking care of me. Thanks for the reminder that I have NOTHING to complain about!!
I hope you get feeling better very very soon and I hope even more no one else in your family gets it!
Post a Comment