This week has been quite eventful. It was my last week at CH2M Hill and to complicate matters we got a bunch of snow. The timing actually worked out pretty good, because I finished up all my projects by lunch time Thursday and so I was able to come home and play with the kids in the snow.
Early in the week we got a couple inches of snow and it stayed the rest of the week. Wednesday night for Mutual the young men went and shoveled the driveways and sidewalks of a neighborhood street. Of course by Thursday morning we had another half foot of snow to replace the snow we had shoveled. It reminds me of a story about Henry Eyring, Henry B. Eyring's father, that he shares in
this talk, near the end.
Well, I came home at lunch time on Thursday and we all bundled up and played in the back yard. This picture reminded me of the next picture, which was taken last summer. The slide has been more than worth it.


We all had lots of fun, although Madeleine's mobility was pretty limited with her big snow suit and boots. She ended up sitting there, swiping her hands back and forth in the snow, and laughing.

She also had lots of fun sliding down the slide, but the cutest video we got of her was her doing her "angry face" and "sad face". She also has a silly face, where she sticks her tongue out, but my favorite, not shown here, is when you say to her "Show me a cute face" and she points to herself and says "Right here."
I also love how blue eyes look in the snow, because the cold pales their face, while the white snow shrinks their pupils and draws the color of their eyes. Here is Asher showing off his big blues.

And last but not least, here is Vanessa looking beautiful.

My favorite part of this picture is her wearing my bulky snow gloves. They give her "man hands".
5 comments:
Cute pictures! I love your man hands Vanessa! LOL... But you do look beautiful!
A White Christmas! Hurray! That's so nice. I definitely am missing snow around this time of year. I'm glad you guys get to enjoy it. And look so darn cute doing it too. :)
So, sorry I haven't sent you my address. I didn't save your email...so I can't! Email me, and I'l email you back?! I LOVE that pic of maddie!
Makes me miss Washington, not that we haven't gotten snow down here in ID, but there's just something about WA. You're kids are beautiful! So are you of course, and definately braver than I am, I hate the cold! How did I grow up in WA, and am now living Idaho Falls, and hate the cold? I think that's one of the things they kick you out of the state for....shhhhh don't tell.
What a fun family!
Post a Comment