Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ho Ho Ho! Happy Birthday!



Merry Christmas! Asher and Madeleine (mostly Asher) are really excited for Christmas this year! Asher keeps making Paul sing Christmas songs to him at bed time. Madeleine likes to say Ho Ho Ho! Happy Birthday, which makes me laugh every time; she also sings Jingle Bells which is hilarious. I have to get it on tape. If you are a member of Pasco 3rd ward you've probably heard her when she's trying to liven up sacrament meeting. On Sunday, She kept calling a man behind us Grandpa, and he isn't even Grandpa age, but she made him feel old. I was hoping he wouldn't understand, but she kept saying, Grandpa! Grandpa!

In an effort to be festive I cut Asher and Maddie's cheesy tortillas out with cookie cutters today. Asher is now concerned because he has a Christmas tree in his tummy, which he doesn't think is appropriate. He's a bit out of sorts today. He is excited about Christmas, but he doesn't really like his routine altered. Hopefully he's over it when he gets to open all of his presents.

We are also dealing with unusual weather for our area. It usually only snows a handful of times every winter and the snow rarely stays around for long. It's been here for a week and a half and more just keeps coming. It's a little fun, but I hope it all melts immediately after Christmas.

7 comments:

andrea said...

"Ho Ho Ho Happy birthday"?! That is too funny. I loved hearing her sing "jingle bells" in sacrament meeting! that totally made my day.

I'm with you, I LOVE snow for Christmas and I'm so happy ours will be a white one. But I hope to wake up on the 26th and see it GONE!

Brenda said...

I hadn't thought much about it but I am with you both...lets see green/yellow grass tomorrow! Merry Christmas!

klutzy k said...

merry christmas!! that's awesome you guys have a white one!

so i have a request for paul. i LOVE hearing about christmas around the world--how do they celebrate in sweden?

AND, i love hearing about everyone's traditions! what do you guys do during the christmas season?

we love and miss you guys! have a fantastic day!

--kimberly

Andre said...

He was really worried about a Christmas tree in his tummy? That's funny. I love his voice, by the way. We had fun with you on Christmas!!

Amy said...

Hi Vanessa! That is so funny. Cute idea with the quesadillas. I am not missing the snow at all. It is so nice here in California! Did you have a good Christmas? Merry Christmas!

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is hilarious about Maddy saying "Ho Ho Ho Happy Birthday" I wish I could of heard her say it. Wasn't the snow nice. Now that Christmas and New Years is over though I hope we don't get anymore.

Collier Family said...

don't you love all the snow? Well, not now, it's been so beautiful the past few days. Minus the 60+ mph wind we've been getting. I love all the pictures. Your kids are so cute!