Our Madeleine just turned two years old today! She has been excited about her birthday for days! Every time someone said Happy Birthday to her she said Happy Birthday back to them. When I tell her Happy Birthday! She says "Happy Mother's day, Mama!" She even sang "Happy Birthday to you" all day long.
We got some chicken nuggets and french fries from her favorite gourmet restaurant with Golden Arches and headed to the park for lunch with Daddy.
Paul came home when she was midway through dinner and she couldn't finish another bite of her dinner and she begged to open her presents. Then she spotted the cake and begged to eat her cake. She couldn't decide which part was the most exciting.
We gave up on dinner and sang happy birthday with her before she blew out her candles. She then brushed the cake aside because she was so excited about her presents. Asher couldn't wait for her to open the perfectly round gift he picked for her and kept telling her "I got you a surprise ball!"
Paul's birthday was March, mine was in April and Madeleine's was today. Asher keeps saying now it's my birthday when Madeleine's is done! His birthday isn't until October 30th and he is going to be skipped in order by our new addition. I think the anticipation might be too much for him.
9 comments:
Happy Birthday to all of you!!
We are in the same predicament with Timmy. A March and a May birthday and his in late Sept. So I decided to watch Alice in Wonderland with them and let Timmy have a mad hatter Tea Party UN-birthday. I am really good at thinking up ideas, and not so good at the follow-through. So, we have yet to find out if the un-birthday party ever happens.
PS I haven't looked at a blog (my own or anyone else's) lately, so I only found out today about your pregnancy. CONGRATULATIONS!
What a cutie!!! Happy birthday Madeleine! I love the "surprise ball"... that is awesome. and she is a princess, after all...
Oh how cute... She is getting so big. I can hardly believe it. Congrats on the big 2 year old... Mine's 3 today!
Can she really be two? Seriously, has it been two years since we went to visit you in the hospital? wow.
She's so cute! I love her little curls. Wish we could've been there to celebrate!
Happy Birthday to the Fam, sorry Asher- Lydia's birthday can't come fast enough, either!
Tell Asher Lydia says hi! When we were on our last trip coming home from Utah, Lydia said... now we have to go make a trip to Asher. Ah, that would be so fun!
The pictures are so cute. Wow she talks so well. I couldn't remember if she was older than Andrew or not, nope.
I was thinking about Maddie yesterday. I'm glad she had a happy birthday. Her hair is so cute!
Cute pictures! I love her hair! My favorites are the one where she's showing her "happy teeth" and the one right below it were it looks like she is really excited about the present she is opening.
I thought about her yesterday. I almost called but one or all of my kids distracted me. Happy Birthday Maddie!
Happy Birthday, Madeleine! After looking at these pictures the boys are dying to come to her birthday party. I'm trying to explain that it already happened, but they're very persistent. Looks like lots o' fun!
Post a Comment