Does anyone else think that tumbleweeds are the funniest thing in the world? Nothing says "I am in the middle of nowhere" like a tumbleweed. My first year of college was spent at Eastern Arizona in Thatcher, AZ and my roommate from Boston knew she had arrived when she found tumbleweeds. Now we are blessed with an abundance in the Tri-Cities. I laugh every time I dodge one on the road.
So anyway, there is this news article in the Tri-City Herald about this new art exhibit in Richland by Artist Doug Gast featuring tumbleweeds under glass.
7 comments:
i didn't realize you have tumbleweeds up there! i was SO excited about sending you one, but i guess it isn't really necessary. :D
--kimberly
You dodge them?
Vanessa Ashby....Smith???? I came accross you blog through Nicole Goodrich Thompon's blog. Small world!! I was thrilled to see that you live in Washington in the Tri-Cities area. Well, so do we! We moved from AZ about 9 months ago. We are in Kennewick, right off of Kennewick Ave. Where are you at? It would be great to get together sometime. Check out our blog and you can see pictures of the family and stuff! Or email me at twinkieface@yahoo.com and let me know how you're doing!!!
Julie (Baird) Collier
P.S. Sorry, I forgot leave our blog site!! It is www.thecolliertimes.blogspot.com
Vanessa, I was so excited to see that you have a blog! I can't wait to learn more about you. I've already enjoyed reading all your posts.
Did you know there is a lady online that actually sells tumbleweeds? She makes a killing sending them to NASA and such. Crazy, I know. Having lived here my whole life, I'm quite the expert tumbleweed dodger.
Vanessa, I found your blog through a comment you made on Alicia's blog. I'm originally from the west side of the state so tumbleweeds were quite the novelty when we moved here, too. I still can't believe the size of some of them rolling down the freeway. A tumbleweed in a glass box...hmmm...who would a thunk? :-)
Yeah, I love when they get stuck underneath your car. It really is the best.
Post a Comment