I've neglected to mention the very best Christmas Gift we got this year! On Christmas morning we found out that we are going to have another baby!
I was going to wait to tell Asher because I didn't want him to spill the beans, but I couldn't wait any longer so I told him the next day.
"Asher, there's a baby in my tummy!"
Asher looked horrified and yelled "Mama! Don't Eat BABIES. We eat FOOD not BABIES!"
I tried to explain to him that I didn't eat a baby, but that babies grow in my tummy, but he was still too mad at me for eating a baby to listen. At least he has a good sense of right and wrong. I guess I can leave him alone with our new addition and not worry that his hunger will be too much and he'll snack on his sibling.
A few days later I tried again and told him that he was getting a new little brother or sister. He got really upset and told me that he just wanted Madeleine. He was really mad at me about our conversation. When Paul or I tried to bring it up he would say that he just wanted Madeleine and not a new brother or sister. Then it dawned on us that he thought we were trading Madeleine in for a newer model. At least he wasn't overjoyed at this concept.
We tried again and told him that Madeleine was going to get to be a big sister and that finally made him happy. We asked him if he wanted her to have a little brother or sister. He said "I want her to have a sister so I can have two Madeleines!" Awww.
I tried to make this post on Sunday, but right after I posted it, I thought I started to miscarry, so I had Paul delete it before we went to the emergency room. It turns out that our baby is healthy and wiggly and happy in there, but I am now on bed-rest at least through the weekend. I am going a little crazy and so are Asher and Madeleine, but the Dr. is pretty sure that the baby is going to be just fine.
My church is taking great care of us, and I am trying not to notice the crumbs and toys all over the floor that I am not permitted to do anything about.
12 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! i am so excited for you guys! not so much for the bed-rest, but ya know. ;) i love asher's reaction(s). too cute!
Asher is such a funny little boy! I love that you were in trouble for eating babies and trying to swap Madeleine in for a newer model. I hope you get off the bed rest soon. That stuff is tough.
Congrats! I had no clue. Hope you start to feel better soon. I was on bed rest once NOT FUN. Let me know if I can help.
CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting!! I hope all is well with you and that bed rest doesn't last long!
Oh how scary! I'm glad everything looks okay! I'm going to call you tomorrow. I'm so glad you posted those stories. They are so funny!
I am so glad things are okay! It's really scary to have to feel like that.
Asher is such a funny kid! Ben asked if I had read your post yet and I hadn't. He said I needed to go read it because Asher was really funny!
Congrats! And I hope everything goes well!
Congrats I am so thrilled for you guys. I hope all is well with you and the baby. If you need help with anything let me know.
Congratufreakinlations! So exciting! So cute about Asher :)
How very exciting. Wow you are soon going to be a mother of three. I think those conversations with Asher were priceless. That will be really funny to read to him later on. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Take care and I hope you don't have to be on bed rest very long.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. I just love that little Asher, what a silly guy. So cute how much he loves his little sister.
so I don't look at the blogs for a week and what all do I miss? Geez. Well congrats. Darn it you were my non-pregnant buddy. Now I'm all alone. But That's OK BY ME!!!
We are so excited!
Post a Comment