Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Favorites and Thanks

I have bugged Vanessa for a long time to put together a list of blogs to add to the Favorite Links list. Seeing as I (Paul) am the one posting this you can see how successful I am at nagging. I know Vanessa loves linking from blog to blog like Tarzan swinging through the jungle, but yet our blog had one lone link, essentially creating a cyberspace dead end. So I went through the short list of blogs that I check and tried to sift through the blogs that Vanessa checks and compiled a list that are on the left.

I apologize to anyone left off the list or if I misspelled anything; that is the problem with having me put the list together, but I figured it was better attempted and incomplete than empty. Let me know and I will add you to the list.

I also wanted to send out a thank you to friends for helping us out this week. Sunday night was a stressful time to say the least. I called our friends and home teacher the Gibbs to see if they would watch our kids and without hesitation they said yes. When we dropped our kids off minutes later (~9:00pm) Michael told me, "Just pick the kids up in the morning. It doesn't matter if you are only at the hospital for 20 minutes, just pick the kids up in the morning." It was one less thing we had to worry about that long night. By the way, Michael, if you are reading this, I would have to check the home teaching equivalency chart, but I think one emergency overnight children watch counts for 6 months of visits.

Then the week wore on and the symptoms persisted and Vanessa was put on bedrest. When the Primary President called Vanessa on Primary business all it took was Vanessa mentioning bed rest and a few minutes later dinners were setup for us for that night, the rest of the week and early next week. We got tons of calls from ward members wanting to know if they could do anything for us. People helped where they could but their love and concern were really a support to us.

I would like to thank everyone by name (I even tried in a draft) but there are just too many people. So here is a generic thank you to everyone. It means so much to us. Thank you.

Well blog posts without pictures are boring, so here are some pictures from last Sunday.

4 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm so glad everything is okay. It's so wonderful in times like this to have a huge circle of people who love and want to help!

Andre said...

VANESSA!!!!! Why aren't you calling me? Well, you did call but I was teaching piano. I'm calling you today to make you let me do something!!

Thanks for putting me on the list, Paul!

Alicia said...

Hey! I'm glad your little one is doing just fine. Bedrest stinks, though. :) I read the post about how you told Asher, and Stephen and I were busting up for a good five minutes. Hope everything continues to go great!

Shayla said...

I had no idea that you were going through this. I know a little about bed rest. I wish I could have helped, but it sounds like you were well taken care of. If you ever need anything again, don't hesitate to call us. Take care!