Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter!

The Easter Bunny always came to our house the Saturday before Easter when I was growing up so we could focus on Jesus Christ on Sunday. I decided to do this with my family too.

These are the kids' Easter baskets. I'm a bit lame because I filled the basket with things that I was planning on getting them for the summer anyway; such as beach towels and coloring books for church, but they still thought it was awesome. I just feel guilty because my parents seemed to go all out for the Easter baskets. I do feel a little better because if it were up to Paul, there would be no Easter Bunny or baskets. He's a bit of an Easter Bunny Scrooge.


For an Easter Bunny scrooge, he sure did a good job getting the kids excited about the eggs hidden in our yard. Incidentally, they are in the same pajamas as our Christmas pictures, I guess I could have planned that better.
Later that morning, we had an Easter Egg hunt for our Primary activity. The kids had such a good time, and came home with tons of candy.

Maddie was much more interested in the contents of her eggs than the quantity.


On Easter Sunday, I took out a Spring dress that my mom bought Madeleine before she was born and declared it an Easter dress. Asher was severely grumpy that morning and would not allow his picture to be taken.

Madeleine loves to dress up and she pranced around the house and twirled her skirt until it was time to go to church. Both kids were really bad and spent the vast majority of sacrament meeting sitting in the foyer in time out with their arms folded.


You can tell that I took this picture because Paul would have chosen better lighting.

I get to have my ultrasound on Monday afternoon! Hopefully we can tell if it's a boy or girl. We'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

andrea said...

I LOVE that dress!! It's so cute! Glad you had a great Easter, but shame on Paul for being a Scrooge!. I'm very glad you could be the ghost of Easter present and change his mind.

Andre said...

Maddie is so cute in her dress. Glad you had a fun Easter.

River Hopkins said...

awwww... Maddie and Kaleigh would get along well. Kaleigh also didn't care how many she got either, she opened each and inspected before it was approved to be in her basket or rejected and thrown on the floor. we miss ya. I hope all is going well.

Katie said...

Very cute. I love Maddie's Easter dress. Oh, and Zach says that he didn't know that you guys opened Easter baskets on the Saturday before. :)

Amy said...

So cute! I love that you give presents that they need anyway! A girl after my own heart...

Amy (Swapp) Tremayne said...

I love the idea of doing Easter Bunny on Saturday...I will definitely be doing that next year. Why didn't I know your family did that?? Good luck this afternoon at your ultrasound!!