Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The way it goes

I haven't been good at attending the temple regularly lately because of the holidays followed by the longest lasting bout of morning sickness I've ever had. I am about to grow out of my temple dress (small temple=no rental). So yesterday, I decided no more excuses. We have a small busy temple so I had to make a reservation. I scheduled an appointment for Friday morning when Paul has the day off. Our school district has spring break so I was able to line up a girl in our ward to watch the kids, which is an amazing feat for me because we rarely have babysitters as we always procrastinate until everyone is busy.

I was amazed at how nicely everything had worked out. Day off, spring break, available babysitter. Usually whenever we try to go to the temple the kids get the plague or our house burns down. Then it hit me. I started to do the math and realized that Paul and I were married almost six years ago. Temple recommends expire every two years.We whipped out our recommends just to realize that they expire the last day of March. It is now April 1st. Nice.

Also, writing that Asher has finished potty training is just asking for it.

5 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh man, that is terrible timing! Sorry it didn't work out for you...next time, right? :-)

River Hopkins said...

Oh no! That's horrible. Keith and I just finally went to the temple last week. Oh it was amazing. Well, I'll go for you. I think I have a few months left on mine. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

Amy said...

Oh man!!!
yay for potty training being done! we are almost there too! Hooray!

Katie said...

Total bummer! I'm sorry about that. Last time we went to the temple I lost Zach. It was slightly traumatic.

Andre said...

This exact same thing happened to Clay and I. I was dressed, ready to go to the temple and Clay looked at his recommend and realized it had expired. Saying I was upset would be putting it mildly.