Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Asher and Memorial Day

I haven't talked much about what Asher has been up to, so I thought I would post some updates. He is just a bundle of energy and it is good energy about 90% of the time. I absolutely love the age he's at right now because he is always coming up with such interesting and novel ideas. He is really into the computer and his favorite "game" is Google earth. He's always begging to play "the earth".

Tonight we were talking about the baby and he demanded "Mama, we have to name the baby either Lydia or Rudolph. Choose right now". Ummmm, let me think about that one...

(by the way, I really think we are going with Lydia and not just because the alternative is Rudolph)

I think I must be looking pretty pathetic because when I sit down he likes to bring me all of his blankies and his Dumbo to help me feel better. He has been really sweet with me lately.

He has also started to talk about what he wants to be when he grows up. He loves to ask if he is going to be as big as Daddy when he grows up. He also wants to be an astronaut so he can see the earth and he wants to be a farmer like his Grandpa-Great so he can drive tractors (just not the noisy kind).

Speaking of Grandpa-Great, we visited on Memorial Day and I wanted to share some pictures. Grandma and Grandpa-Great have all sorts of interesting things: they have cats, and a wheelchair, harmonica, and tractors. Asher is really sensitive to noise, but he fights with it because he also loves tractors. He really wanted to ride with Grandpa-Great this time. Madeleine also wanted to ride with Grandpa and Asher. Asher took his Big Brother responsibilities very seriously and held onto her tight, he was very concerned that she was going to go out the door while the tractor was moving.




3 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Cute pictures. I love the name Lydia. It sounds like Asher is a real sweetheart. Why are some children really affected by loud noises? My son Andrew seems to dislike loud noises too.

Janna G said...

Asher is a great little boy!

Amy said...

I vote Rudolph. lol. That's hilarious. Love the pictures in the tractor, especially where he's holding on so tightly to Maddie.