I love baby names and every Mother's day the
Social Security Administration releases their top 1000 baby names. I love it! The name Asher went from 252 in 2006 to 233 in 2007. Madeleine went from 337 in 2006 to 290 in 2007.
Popularity in 2007
| Rank | Male name | Female name |
| 1 | Jacob | Emily |
| 2 | Michael | Isabella |
| 3 | Ethan | Emma |
| 4 | Joshua | Ava |
| 5 | Daniel | Madison |
| 6 | Christopher | Sophia |
| 7 | Anthony | Olivia |
| 8 | William | Abigail |
| 9 | Matthew | Hannah |
| 10 | Andrew | Elizabeth |
| 11 | Alexander | Addison |
| 12 | David | Samantha |
| 13 | Joseph | Ashley |
| 14 | Noah | Alyssa |
| 15 | James | Mia |
| 16 | Ryan | Chloe |
| 17 | Logan | Natalie |
| 18 | Jayden | Sarah |
| 19 | John | Alexis |
| 20 | Nicholas | Grace
|
7 comments:
I just read the top ten names for boys and girls in Parade magazine tonight. It made me laugh because I swear it hasn't changed in the last five years. (Maybe more.)
Ok, when I had Addie, I had only known of one or two girls with that name. I checked lists on the internet frequently throughout my pregnancy because I did not want to name her something that was ranked anything higher than #75 or so. I never saw her name on the list, and now all of a sudden it's #11?!?! Oh well. At least she's spelled Addisen.
I know! Your little girl is the only Addisen I know. One of my friends is naming her boy Addison. Those are the only instances I've heard that name. It's really cute!
That is fun to see where Andrew falls. It's is also funny because of the girl names we really like is also in the top 10. So much for picking unpopular names.
HI VANESSA!!
This is Staci! I had no idea you hada blog until I saw your link on Julie's blog! How are you doing? We're doing good, well, Todd's in London so the kids and I are surviving. We have a blog too, its www.tsfinlayson.blogspot.com! You'll have to let me know next time you are in town and we'll have to get together with the kids and stuff!
Whew! Ben and Sam are safe. For now.
Post a Comment