Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hot Chocolate Disaster

My terrific twosome can sure make a disaster in a hurry. In the 5 minutes it took me to answer the phone the other day, Asher and Maddie emptied the lower shelf of our pantry and dumped hot chocolate mix everywhere. I swear they waited for me to leave the room! Luckily it was about ten minutes until Paul was due home, so I just waited for him to help me. I couldn't even get mad, I just had to talk sternly and hide the giggles. Sometimes a mess is just too big to match any reasonable amount of anger. I should know better by now than to answer the phone in the office while these two are in the kitchen.

Isn't this the guiltiest faced boy you've ever seen?

He told me that he took off his clothes because they were dirty, go figure. Notice blanky was his other accomplice. Don't worry, all of the hot chocolate came out of blanky in the wash. You can also see the baby proof door handle cover in the background.

Doesn't Maddie look like she's wearing Halloween beard make up? Sometimes I wish I could roll around in chocolate too.




I just want to say Paul is the best husband in the world. When I called him at 5:00 , in shock, to tell him what the kids had just done, he told me to wait until he got home to clean up so that I wouldn't have to deal with cleaning up the kids and the floor at the same time. Which would have been quite the adventure. Is there anything sexier than a man with a broom? He even mopped!


Mmmmm that bath water looks good enough to drink doesn't it?

13 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh my. You've got quite the pair on your hands. I love to watch Maddie try to outsmart Paul in Sunday School, you can just see that little girls wheels turning in her head. :-) And you're right, there's nothing more sexy than a husband with a broom in his hands!! :-) If only someone would tell THEM that.

Alicia Leppert said...

SO FUNNY. I cannot imagine leaving the room and coming back to this. Those two and their shenanigans crack me up. That bath water is awesome. I want to take a chocolate bath.
P.S. I think we do have the same house plan, just switched around.

Heather said...

Those two are trouble...but oh so cute too.

What is Asher sucking on in the bath?

Nicole said...

Hi Nessa-

We had a similar bath today, only it was brown from mud. Maddie and my boys could be matching bearded pirates for halloween. They were a mess, too. I'm glad you can laugh about things like that. There's really no better way to handle it.

Brenda said...

Super funny. Rolling in Chocolate sounds SO good right now!

Katie said...

Bathing in chocolate? That sounds decadent. Very chic. Your kids are such trend-setters! Also, I love that state of not knowing whether to laugh or scold. I can relate.

andrea said...

Haha, thanks for helping me put things into perspective! Addie has yet to make a mess like that (KNOCK ON WOOD!), so I have something to be grateful for! I'll remember this story in case I ever think about inviting Asher over. ;-) just kidding!

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is so funny. Kids are amazing. They get into things so quickly. It's like they have a radar that tells them when their parents aren't watching. Cute pictures. The one with Maddie and her beard was super cute.

Riggs Familia said...

He He He! Two peas in a pod :)
Go Paul, you sure scored some bonus points there!

Rachel said...

You guys are so funny! Props to Paul for cleaning up. The funny thing is I'll bet you really do wish you could roll around in chocolate all day.

River said...

okay Keith and I found a book called porn for moms... that picture of Paul would be centerfold material. What a pair they are. At least they're super cute.

Collier Family said...

I would love to roll in choclate! But maybe I'm too old for something like that........maybe not!! Glad the kidos had fun. The pictures are great!

Erin Winters said...

What a great story! I really enjoy reading about your adventures and misadventures.